Powered By PinoyXpert | Customized By: PH News Update

Zsa Zsa Padilla new album 'Palagi' dedicates to Dolphy

Tuesday, June 4, 20130 comments

MANILA, Philippines -- Singer-actress Zsa Zsa Padilla on launched her newest album dubbed as "Palagi" which she is dedicating to her daughters and her love, the late King of Comedy Dolphy.

"Yung album parang journey of love. (I dedicate this) to my kids and Dolphy. For my kids, because they inspire me. To Dolphy, my love for you grows with every song I sing. Heaven knows how much I miss you. You are always in my heart and will be with me no matter where life's journey takes me. Noon...bukas... kailanman... palagi. Palaging ikaw,'" Padilla said In an interview with ABS-CBNNews.com on Tuesday.

The singer said it took four years before she was able to record a new album because of Dolphy's health condition and eventual demise.

"Actually with my singing talaga 'yun ang nag-suffer. Kasi Dolphy was really sickly, labas pasok kami sa ospital for so many years, especially the last three years. Ang singing career kasi mahirap especially nga if you have shows abroad. No matter what happens you have to commit, kasi they can not easily find a replacement for you so mahirap. Noong na-realize ko 'yon talaga sabi ko teka muna so that had to take backseat. But when I did the concert recently with my my girls in Australia, sabi ko, 'oh my God I miss this. ...Parang I didn't know what I'm missing until I'm
doing it again,'" she said.

Dolphy died last year due to pneumonia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Padilla's last album was "Unchanging Love" which was released in 2009.

The singer admitted that she also had a hard time doing the album, especially recording the song "How Can You Say."

"'How Can You Say' was the hardest to record. It's about falling in love," she added.

The other songs in the album include "Dito Lang," "Sa Piling Mo," "Di Ka Na Akin," "Palagi," "Without You," "How Can You Say," "All Cried Out," "I Do," "Ngayon at Magpakailanman," and "Maging Sino Ka Man," a duet with Martin Nievera.

"I think he (Dolphy) would like 'Palagi' and 'Ngayon at Magpakailanman.' Medyo old fashion siya pero yung areglo medyo pop," Padilla said.

Padilla, who is celebrating her 30th year in show business, started her singing career in 1983 and is known for her hits like "Hiram," "Mambobola" and "Ikaw Lamang."

The singer will launch her album "Palagi" on "ASAP" soon.

Zsa Zsa Padilla

Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. PH News Update - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger