Powered By PinoyXpert | Customized By: PH News Update

Julia Barreto is the next Cofradia the new soap opera of ABS-CBN

Wednesday, June 5, 20130 comments

Julia Barretto — the beautiful 16-year-old daughter of actress-turned-politician Marjorie Barretto and comedian-turned-politician Dennis Padilla — is being hailed as the next important teen star of ABS-CBN. She gets her big break playing the lead role in the network’s new soap opera “Cofradia”.

“Matagal ko’ng ipinag-pray that this day would come. I knew in my heart, I will be able to fulfill this dahil bata pa lang ako, hilig ko na talaga umarte dahil nakikita ko na ‘yun in my aunts who since then were my idols na,” Julia  says.

Growing up in a showbiz family exposed Julia to the acting profession early in her childhood.

“I tried acting when I was a kid pa. I have been away din for a while. I had to focus din naman kasi on my studies,” she notes. “Kaya when my mom told me the news na I am given a teleserye and ako ‘yung bida in the remake ng ‘Cofradia’ on TV, sobrang iyak ko talaga. It could have been anyone. But to be given this opportunity is an answered prayer talaga.”

Julia is keen on getting to know more about the character of Cofradia who was born with black skin and through a magical candle transforms into a very beautiful maiden.

“I know po na there were two versions ng movie. The first one starred Ms. Gloria Romero and ‘yung sumunod naman was Ms, Gina Alajar. And I know din na heavy drama ang movie. Kaya now, I’m excited na to undergo several workshops. Being a very happy person, hindi ko pa alam talaga kung paano and saan ako huhugot ng emotions ko once the cameras start rolling,” Julia says.

The articulate teenager confidently says she’s ready for stardom as well as  the intrigue, the rumors and scandals that come with it.

“I grew up with it. But that didn’t make me hate the world my mom and my dad, my aunts moved in. I am aware naman of what can happen. Matagal ko na ito hinihintay. At kahit na may bagyong dumaan sa pamilya namin, hindi naman nila ipinaramdam ‘yun sa amin,” she says.

So, who is she closer to, her aunt Gretchen or her Tita Caludine? And who for her is the better actress or her favorite?

“My Tita Gretchen advised me to just keep on praying lang when she learned na decided na ako to be in showbiz. To keep praying din na maging mataas ang ratings ng show. From my Tita Clau naman, wala naman akong nakukuhang advice from her.

“The good pieces of advice I get are all from my mom. Hindi ko pa nakakausap my dad but I know that he will be happy once I break the news to him about the project.

“When it comes naman sa idol sa acting, super fan naman nila akong dalawa. Magkaiba silang style sa pag-arte. My Tita Gretchen is more on the kontrabida side. My Tita Claudine naman is always the good girl sa mga drama niya,” she says.

Her dream is to work with both because she believes they are both good at what they do. “I would like to follow the career path of my Tita Claudine,” she says, honestly.

However, Julia is keen on creating her own identity apart from those established by her aunts.

“Hindi ko sila gagayahin. Gusto ko rin naman na mag-emerge ako with my own style in acting. Na magkaroon ako ng sariling acting technique ko. Ayoko ng nanggagaya, eh.”

Julia promised her parents that she wouldn’t take her high school studies for granted. So, she will still experience the campus life twice or thrice a week in St. Paul’s College in Pasig, where she is an incoming high school junior.

“Two years na lang kaya I wanna make my parents proud.”

Julia is well aware of the nasty family feud that has driven a huge wedge between her mother and aunt Gretchen on one side and her aunt Claudine and grandmother Inday on the other.

She admits she hasn’t seen her Lola Inday for some time.

“Hindi pa kami nagkakausap. I just want everything to be okay. It’s not for me to fix or talk about their problem. Although I was pinpointed as the reason of it all, look at me naman, I’m okay. I have no time for sadness. Hindi ko na ‘yun problema, sa kanila na ‘yun.even my mom, we don’t talk about it. Same with my Lola,” she says.

Julia wants her family members to settle their differences and restore harmony.

Gusto ko sila muna magka-ayos-ayos. I have the fondest memories of them. Like my Tita Clau, we used to be with her almost every day. Doing the groceries, nasa house niya lang, kain, always bonding together. And I know, hindi naman nawala ‘yun. Kahit na gaano katagal pa kami hindi muna magkita-kita, in the end, I know in my heart, close pa rin kami,” she concludes on a positive note.

Julia Barreto is Cofradia
Julia Barreto

Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. PH News Update - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger